Microservices Out In the Wild
Microservices are no longer just for API developers. Fitch Solutions has been building API microservices for years while maintaining a monolithic front-end application architecture.
In this talk, we will describe how to successfully migrate to full-stack microservices serving not only the APIs, but also the web components necessary to deliver the features to customers.
The main areas of concern will include:
- How a service mesh helped route traffic within Kubernetes to support full-stack services.
- How web components allowed Fitch Solutions to mix and match heterogeneous UI technologies
- How developing along service context boundaries increased their productivity by removing inter-team dependencies
- How continuous integration tools have automated security checks that were previously manual
- How this transition will enable developers to release multiple times per day
- How smaller, more discrete deliverables have improved the resiliency, maintainability and extensibility of the Fitch Connect system