2021 was a packed year for GOTO: we were finally able to meet with some of you in person while continuing to connect with so many of you virtually through conferences, summits, Book Club episodes, Unscripted interviews, a new podcast and more.
We kicked things off with three back-to-back online conferences: GOTOpia February, GOTOpia Chaos Engineering Day and GOTOpia Chicago. And, as soon as we could, we brought back our beloved in-person conferences in Denmark with GOTO Aarhus, the first after a long break, followed by GOTO Copenhagen a few months later — our first fully livestreamed conference to make sure those who couldn’t yet travel could still be with us.
We also held two exciting inaugural events this autumn: GOTO Book Club Live at our CodeNode venue in London, where we invited best-selling science and maths authors Hannah Fry and Simon Singh, and GOTO AI Summit in Copenhagen, where we invited top machine learning and artificial intelligence speakers.
And, as always, we had plenty of meetups both in person and online, with plenty more prepared for 2022 — keep an eye on upcoming meetups near you.
Your favorite talks on GOTO YouTube
Top 2021 videos:
- Successful Kubernetes Development Workflows with Ellen Körbes
- Functional Programming Through the Lens of a Philosopher & Linguist with Anjana Vakil
- A Beginner's Guide to eBPF Programming with Go with Liz Rice
Book Club highlights
The GOTO Book Club series brings in the experts and authors to interview each other, focusing on newly released and classic dev books. Watch a few highlights of this year’s episodes and authors.
Top 2021 Book Club episodes:
- GOTO Book Club Highlights • ft. 15 dev authors, including Martin Fowler, Sam Newman & Liz Rice
- The Art of Unit Testing • Roy Osherove & Dave Farley
- Software Technologies that Stand the Test of Time • ft. 10 dev authors, including Kevlin Henney, Rebecca Parsons & Venkat Subramaniam
Best of the GOTO podcast
In March we launched the GOTO podcast, which is the audio form of the GOTO Unscripted and Book Club interviews shared with you every Friday. You can find these episodes on most podcast platforms — be sure to subscribe to be notified of new episodes.
Top 2021 podcast episodes:
- When To Use Microservices (And When Not To!) • Sam Newman & Martin Fowler
- Software Architecture for Developers • Simon Brown & Stefan Tilkov
- Continuous Architecture in Practice • Eoin Woods & Simon Brown
GOTO Amsterdam 2022
Last on the list for 2021 would have been GOTO Amsterdam, but due to new COVID circumstances in The Netherlands, we postponed the conference to June 12-15, 2022.
We can’t wait to be back at the beloved Beurs van Berlage for our 10-year anniversary! If you can’t make it to Amsterdam, join us online.
We can’t wait to see you next year for plenty more events — both online and in person — along with brand new YouTube videos, podcast episodes, blog posts and more!