If you take the time to invest in yourself with a pass to one of our online conferences, we’ll give you the tools to use it wisely. Here are a few tips on how to get the most out of your time with us.
1. Block time on your schedule and create a designated space for yourself
If you’re joining the conference from home, we know you’ll likely be surrounded by a few distractions: your inbox, social media, your partner or kids…the list goes on. The key is treating this like you would a physical event:
- Leave your work at work — give your colleagues a heads up and set up an automatic out-of-office reply.
- Let your family know you’ll be participating in a live conference for the next few hours.
- Come prepared to learn, take plenty of notes and network with fellow attendees.
2. Be camera ready
We’ll encourage you to have your camera on for each session you attend. This is to give the event a more personal feel and to help you more effectively meet others and make connections.
When your camera is off, you’re less likely to engage with content and participate in Q&As and networking discussions, and more likely to take a phone call or reply to last minute work emails.
3. Build a schedule and set some goals
Make a note of everything you plan on joining — not just the talks and keynotes you don’t want to miss, but all the extra social events like the morning wellness sessions, lunch panels, happy hours and AMAs.
It’s also helpful to set a few goals for yourself, i.e. “I’ll make 3 new connections today that share my love for GraphQL,” or “I’ll ask X speaker how to solve Y problem at work.” Having a schedule and a few goals will help you hold yourself accountable and get the most out of the event.